A word counter is a tool designed to count the number of words in a given text or document. It is commonly used in various contexts, such as writing, editing, and academic research. The main function of word counter is to count the number of words in an article accurately and efficiently.The word count tool is available on pc, laptop, mobile and tablet.
Word counters are especially useful for writers, bloggers, journalists, students, and professionals who need to adhere to specific word limits or track their progress in terms of word count.
Paste or type the text you need to calculate the word count, then the tool will automatically calculate the word count and other data.
1. Open the Microsoft Word document that you want to check.
2. Click on the 'Review' tab at the top of the Word window.
3. Look for the 'Proofing' section in the toolbar. Within this section, you'll find the 'Word Count' button. Click on it.
4. A dialog box will appear, displaying the word count information, including the number of pages, words, characters (with and without spaces), paragraphs, and lines in your document.
1. Open the Google Docs document that you want to check.
2. Click on the 'Tools' menu at the top of the Google Docs window.
3. In the drop-down menu, select 'Word count'.
4. A small dialog box will appear, showing the word count information, including the number of pages, words, characters (with and without spaces), and characters excluding footnotes.